Frequently Asked Questions
Men and women are taught, trained, and mentored in a Christ-centered environment. Programs include in-depth Bible teaching and preparation to live a healthy, productive Christian life.
- Basic Needs:
- • Meals
- • Shelter
- • A safe place
- Equipping for a better future:
- • Biblical foundation
- • Christian mentorship
- • Bible teaching
- • Life-skills training
- • Job training
- • Chores
- • GED classes
- • Work Keys training
- • Church Involvement
- • Anger resolution
- • Recovery classes
- • Parenting classes
- • New-life in Christ
- • Healing
- • Hope
- • Transformation
- • Restoration
- • Freedom
- • Victory in Jesus
The Haven Bible-based recovery programs are free of charge for men and women who need help. The Haven programs are funded by generous individuals, businesses, churches, and thrift store revenue. We receive no local, state, or federal funding, and therefore are under no governmental constraints regarding how we operate.
To feed, house, and care for one person for a week, it costs the Haven $210. If you would like to make a donation, please click here.
MEN'S PROGRAM: consists of 2 parts, Rescue Mission is part 1 of the program, and Men’s Training Center is part 2 of the men's program.
Downtown Rescue Mission- a shelter and program for men addiction or homelessness. Men are encouraged to complete the Rescue Mission program and then transition into the year-long MTC program. Consists of Bible teaching, mentorship, and learning to serve and work.
Men's Training Center - a year long, residential discipleship program for men facing life-dominating problems (following completion of the Rescue Mission program). Located on a 50 acre campus. Consists of Bible teaching, mentorship, life skills training, and education/job preparation.
WOMEN'S PROGRAM: consists of 2 phases, which are each 6 months long.
Women's Ministry - a year long, Bible-based, discipleship program for women facing life-dominating problems, such as addiction. Program is conducted in a nurturing, home environment. Consists of Bible teaching, mentorship, life skills training, and education/job preparation.
- • Application
- • Interview or phone interview
- • Mentally stable, able to cooperate and communicate with staff and other program participants
- • Must be at least 18 years of age
- • Have a deep desire for genuine change
- For admittance:
- • Our programs are located in Anderson County, South Carolina.
- • We do not have facilities to accommodate children or families.
- • Programs are free of charge to men and women in need.
- • There is no medical detox portion of our program. Client must be sober before entering the program.
- • Haven of Rest is more than a program for those who struggle with addiction or homelessness. It is a Bible-based, discipleship program with deep Bible-teaching.
- • All Haven programs are Christ-centered.
- • The program is very structured and thorough.
- • This program requires participants to adhere to a regular routine that includes but is not limited to: waking up early, daily chores, exercise, mentoring sessions, attending classes, chapel, teaching, and church services.
- What to Bring:
- • Clothes for 5 – 7 days (storage space is limited to one, small chest of drawers)
- • Personal toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrush/paste, deodorant, etc.)
- • Pillow
- • Bible
- • Journal
- • Any approved medications (including multivitamin)
- • 1 approved book (must be Christian-authored)
- What to NOT Bring:
- • Electronic devices (cd player, dvd player, tv, radio, iPod, camera, cell phone, laptop, iPad, etc)
- • ANY medications that have not been approved prior to admission (including over-the-counter medications)
- • Movies, CDs, books, Pictures to hang on walls
- • Letters/pictures from significant others
- • Expensive jewelry
- • Excessive spending money
- • EBT card